Marketing Your Equity Crowdfunding Campaign Pt.1

Ensuring your campaign is successful has a lot to do with the marketing you both prior to and during your campaign. You may have an incredible business, that is capable of global success but if no one knows about it - you will likely fail. At least from a campaign perspective.

At Wealth Circuit, of course, we want you to succeed - so we have compiled a number of marketing tactics that you can experiment with and deploy. The key word is 'experiment'. Try to keep your strategy 'lean' until you figure out what is working, then double down on the channels with the best results.
 

PRE-CAMPAIGN


Landing page
Before you start your campaign you might want to think about an equity crowdfunding focused landing page. You can use this to get your existing database excited about the opportunity to and to market to outsiders about your upcoming offer.

Your existing fanbase will likely be your greatest supporters.

The landing page can simply communicate your proposition with a 'register your interest' sign up form. This way you already have a list of pre-registered parties before you start your campaign.

To add another layer of interest, you might want to look at products like viral loops that allow's you to build a pre-launch giveaway or referral system into your sign-up process.

 Viral Loops Referral Widget

Viral Loops Referral Widget

Viral Loop's popular programs include; instant rewards, goal-based rewards and giveaways and mimic the actual tactics used by startups that went viral pre-launch. 

The leaderboard concept, for example, presents you with your current place in line after sign up (ex. congrats you are currently 123) and encourages you to share the offer in order to move up the ladder fast-tracking your access to the product.
If someone is genuinely interested enough to hand you there email address upon sign up then there is a good chance that they have a friend that is probably also interested in your offer so this is the optimal time to make the offer. If they, in turn, think the offer is so great that they also need to pass it on - then congratulations, you have your viral loop.

Content Strategy
The greatest campaigns are well thought out and well-executed, usually with months of planning and a dense activity calendar that includes posts that go out on social, an outreach program (both to complimentary niche bloggers and to social influencers), and a backlog of content for your own site that goes out in a consistent manner. This strategy should also continue throughout the campaign.


Influencer Outreach
Each and every market comes with its own set of influencers, and these do not necessarily have to be Instagram stars. Xero, for example, found that accountants influenced the decision of which software their clients would use and consequently focused their marketing efforts on accountants.

Find and target the influencers in your niche. In addition to helping you spread the word about your company, these people would also make for great investors as their influence continues to grow.


Social Sharing
Give your audience a selection of 'ready to share' content. That is, a number of tweets, images, and even a press kit with product shots and branding, that is ready to share with the links included. If you can make it as easy as 'copy and paste' then the uptake will be significantly greater then if they had to assemble the post themselves and lose momentum.

Inbound Automation
When you start getting traffic - how you handle that traffic is very important! Some research goes as far as to say that 95% of your users will not return! So be ready to convert. Consider a chat window or using the new Facebook Messenger chat widget that can be added quite easily to your site. You want to be able to send them on your desired path, perhaps offering them an ebook in exchange for their email address or automating a message that lets them know you will be with them shortly. With the details secured you are able to follow up or market to them at a later stage.


Retargeting
Lastly, once visitors have hit your site, make sure you have Google analytics and Facebook pixel integrated into your site. Once they leave you will still have the opportunity to advertise to them at a later stage. If users then see your offer on another site they trust, it jots their memory about your company, their visit to you site, and ultimately gives you another chance at to converting them. After all, only '2% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store'. Retargeting brings back the other 98%.

In part 2 we will look at Marketing - during the campaign itself, so stay tuned and join our newsletter to receive all of our updates.